Why should I study Technical Financial Accounting?
A Technical Financial Accountant is primarily responsible for, amongst other functions:
- Ability to operate with management in an accounting environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bookkeeping, financial accounting, management accounting, cost accounting, personal and business taxation, business law and accounting control.
- Thorough knowledge of personal and business taxation and of the Income Tax Act.
- The calculation of taxable income for both individuals and businesses.
- The skills for the completion of income tax returns.
- The ability to provide advice to clients and to be current on South African income tax calculation and collection.
- Working knowledge of business law and accounting control (the audit function).
- Contact Law, Insurance Law, Insolvency Law.
- Internal and Computer Auditing.
- Completing monthly and annual SARS returns on behalf of a client.
How will this course be structured?
In order to complete the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting, students will have to complete all the following subjects:
The subjects from National Certificate: Bookkeeping (Junior Bookkeeper)
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns
- Computerised Bookkeeping
- Business Literacy
The subjects from the FET Certificate Bookkeeping (Certified Senior Bookkeeper)
- Financial Statements
- Cost and Management Accounting
The subjects from this qualification, the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
- Income Tax Returns
- Business Law and Accounting Control
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise of formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative / interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (tests) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
ICB National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
How long is the course?
36 – 48 months
What certificate will I get?
You will be awarded a National Diploma in Technical Financial Accounting from FASSET. You will be awarded a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB. As Together We Pass values education and cares about our students, your completion award will be sent to you via courier so that you receive it as soon as possible and without any delays.
When can I start?
You can start right now! Fill in the form below and a friendly Student Consultant will contact you to ensure this is the right course for you or call 0800 39 00 27 and we will advise you on the next steps.