Why should I study Senior Bookkeeping?
A Senior Bookkeeper is primarily responsible for, amongst other functions:
- The completion of the monthly and annual bookkeeping function,
- Junior and Assistant Accountant functions,
- Skills for depreciable asset disposal,
- Year-end adjustments,
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements for sole proprietorships, partnerships, close corporations, companies,
- Cash-flow statements,
- Completion of basic management accounts,
- Cost accounting, including breakeven analysis, cost-volume-profit analysis, advanced costing, budgeting and standard costing.
- Financial management, and business ethics
How will this course be structured?
In order to complete the FET Certificate in Bookkeeping (Certified Senior Bookkeeper), students will have to complete all the following subjects:
The subjects from National Certificate: Bookkeeping (Junior Bookkeeper):
- Business Literacy
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns
- Computerised Bookkeeping
- Financial Statements
- Cost and Management Accountin
The subjects from this qualification, the FET Certificate Bookkeeping (Certified Senior Bookkeeper):AND
- Finacial Statements
- Cost and Management Accounting
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise of formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative / interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (tests) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
How long is the course?
24 – 36 months
What certificate will I get?
You will be awarded an FET Certificate in Bookkeeping (Certified Senior Bookkeeping) from FASSET. You will be awarded a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB. As Together We as Pass values education and cares about our students, your completion award will be sent to you via courier so that you receive it as soon as possible and without any delays.
When can I start?
You can start right now! Fill in the form below and a friendly Student Consultant will contact you to ensure this is the right course for you or call 0800 39 00 27 and we will advise you on the next steps.